Here is tip number 3! Healthy bowels can help with digestion, weight loss, and even mental health! With spring just around the corner, get rid of the belly bloat and be ready to strip down for the warmer weather!
Facilitating elimination can help get rid of “dead weight” that is bogging you down. Here are a few things you can do to help “move things along”:
– Drink fresh juice of carrot and apple to aid colon detox
– Drink a cup of warm water with 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, first thing in the morning – it is very alkalinizing and cleansing
– Ensure adequate intake of dietary fiber – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, flaxseed, wheat bran, psyllium husk
– Eat foods rich in prebiotics and probiotics- fermented foods are a great source
– Exercise regularly – movement helps peristalsis
Do yoga poses such as twisting and cat-cow to massage the digestive organs
Drink lots of pure, clean, filtered water.