My son had severe acne on his face when he was 15. He was put on acutane (an extremely strong drug) which made him fall into a depression. Later we found out he had an intolerance to dairy, and almonds. After removing these things from his diet, and healing his gut from suffering from acid reflux, his acne cleared up!
Skin issues are definitely not skin-deep. Skin is the largest organ in our body, and it reflects the condition inside our body. Sometimes, the best way to relieve skin problems is the fix the root cause so that they can be taken care of once and for all.
These are some possible causes of skin conditions:
– Cold sores and chicken pox = immune system is trying to fight off internal infection
– Rash or hives = allergic reaction to food or medications
– Yellowish skin tone = problem with liver
Also, imbalances in the digestive tract can cause skin disorders:
– Poor digestion and absorption
– Not enough “good” bacteria (gut flora) in the digestive tract
– Overgrowth of candida yeast
– Leaky gut
To support your digestive system, eat foods that are rich in prebiotic and probiotics. To reduce the overgrowth and candida yeast, avoid sugar and flour. To manage leaky gut, investigate possible food intolerance, such as gluten or lactose.