Top 5 Tips to Reduce Acne
Acne is something very common and frustrating, it can even bring about low self-esteem, anxiety and depression. I know because I watched my son go through this, and also had it as a teenager, but there are steps to help with this!
To win the battle against acne, here are a few things to keep in mind:
– Excess fats blocks skin pores- ( were talking about greasy fried unhealthy fats, not goos quality nutritious fats) Your liver can’t detoxify the greasy fats and can lead to clogged pores.
– High histamine production leads to more sebum, an oily secretion in the skin
– Vitamin A deficiency produces skin congestion through over-keratinization of skin cells
– Vitamin A and zinc deficiencies lead to lowered ability to fight infection
– Lack of friendly bacteria in the digestive tract leads to lowered ability to fight infection
Prescription drugs like birth control can also lead to acne problems. Make sure you don’t pick at your face or try to POP those whiteheads as tempting as it may be!
Here are 5 tips to reduce acne using proper nutrition:
– Eat a diet low in un -healthy fats, low in sugar, and low in processed carbohydrates.
– Eat plenty of fresh fruit, veggies (i.e. high water content food)
Eat cleansing food and detox regularly
Eat fermented or cultured foods that contain good bacteria – yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha
– Take supplements: zinc, vitamin C, antioxidants