Bye Bye Dry Skin
Dry skin can be caused by a combination of environmental stress and poor nutrition. You may need to experiment to see what is causing your skin to become dry.
Here are 4 tips to keep your skin moist and soft:
– Hydrate! When cells are dehydrated, they lose their plumpness and structure. Make sure you are drinking at least 1.5 quarts of water a day (alcohol and caffeinated beverages don’t count!).
– Eat foods rich in essential fatty acids (good fats) such as fish, nuts and seeds. For more severe condition, consider supplementing with fish, flaxseed or evening primrose oil.
– Eat fruits and veggies that are high in vitamin Content. Vitamin C is essential for collagen production, which helps to keep the skin supple. A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who ate foods rich in Vitamin C had fewer wrinkles and less age related dry skin than those who had a diet low in Vitamin C.
– Look into poor calcium metabolism – calcium is a drying mineral, and if it’s not processed properly, it can get dumped into the “wrong places”, including the skin. You can find out by having a hair analysis done.
– Look into your thyroid health, as low thyroid hormone level can cause many symptoms, including dry skin.