Top 10 Skin Foods
This list will help lesson sun damage during the summer months!
1. Blueberries and Pomegranates – rich in antioxidant anthocyanins, which help protect you from fine lines and dryness.
2. Dark Chocolate – flavonoids protect the skin from sun damage.
3. Spinach – vital nutrients and antioxidants help fight inflammation and free radical damage.
4. Walnuts – omega 3 and vitamin E make for smoother skin, healthier hair and stronger bones.
5. Yogurt – zinc helps calm skin inflammation and help cell regeneration.
6. Tomatoes – lycopene protects the skin from sun damage
7. Kiwis – vitamin C stimulates collagen production and repair damage to skin-cell DNA.
8. Edamame – isoflavones in soy ease inflammation and slow down collagen breakdown.Make sure they are non GMO and organic!
9. Sweet potatoes, carrots and butternut squash – the body turns beta-carotene into skin-smoothing retinol.
10. Green tea – antioxidant catechins help prevent certain cancers and stave off sunburn.