Mini Pavlova with Fruit and Ginger
A great treat for any time of the year. A traditional pavlova served with figs, and ginger for a spicy hit.
Write a review
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp finley grated ginger
- 3 passion fruits or figs or what ever fruit you want
- 1 knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp coocnut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 225
- Place honey in a saucepan over medium heat( do not boil) Remove from heat when bubbles first appear.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Turn down the mixer and add in honey. Mix until well combined and frim peaks form. Do not over whip the meringue,
- Gently fold in the ginger.
- Drop 6 large spoons of meringue onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour and 50 minutes then turn oven off, and leave there to cool.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and cook 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn it- turn the heat down if necessary.
- Add honey and stir until coated and transfer to a bowl.
- Top with coconut whipped cream if desired, fruit and ginger mixture and serve.
- Eat them on the day of cooking or they will lose their shape. Enjoy!
Ultimate Life http://ultimatelife.ca/