Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Gluten free and dairy free shortbread that is so yummy and easy to make.
Write a review
- 1 ⅓ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 14 tbsp (7 oz) butter, softened
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk together white rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum in a small bowl.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream together butter, cane sugar and vanilla until thick (about 30 seconds)
- Turn mixer off and add dry ingredients
- Turn mixer back on until a dough forms (about 3 minutes)
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured counter top to about ¼ inch thick and cut into rounds.
- Place rounds on cookie sheet (about 2 inches apart) and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (until golden brown around the edges) and let cool for a few minutes on the pan, then transfer to a baking rack
Ultimate Life http://ultimatelife.ca/